Chicken salad is one of my favorite meal prep items for the work week. It is so easy, delicious and versatile, and you can pack it up for lunches served over romaine, or eat it as a snack with some paleo crackers or on cucumber slices. I […]
This cake has gone through many iterations in attempts to get it just right! I’ve tried several recipes from around the web and when I landed on the masterpiece from All Day I Dream About Food on the Swerve website I felt like I hit the low carb chocolate […]
These Spicy Chicken Nuggets are a real keto treat! These have a little kick, and only 1.5 Carbs (per serving), and are great for a snack or served for dinner. Dip them in a little homemade buttermilk ranch and you’ll never need fast food again!
Nutritional information: 4 servings, 360 calories per serving, 11.5g fat, 1.5g carbohydrates, 61.5g protein
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
- 32 ounces chicken breast tenders
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup pork rinds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Step 2 If you don’t have chicken breasts already cut into strips, slice your chicken into bite-size strips or nuggets
- Step 3 In a food processor combine all of the spices and dry ingredients. Blend or pulse until mixture is finely ground and completely combined.
- Step 4 Assemble two bowls – one with the eggs (lightly beaten) and the other with they dry coating mixture
- Step 5 Line your baking sheet with foil or a silicone slipmat
- Step 6 Dip each chicken piece into egg mixture first, followed by the coating
- Step 7 Thoroughly coat each piece in the coating mixture and set evenly spaced on the baking sheet
- Step 8 When you’ve coated all of the chicken pieces bake for 20 minutes, until the nuggets are lightly browned and crispy.
- Step 9 Allow nuggets to cool slightly and serve