Chicken salad is one of my favorite meal prep items for the work week. It is so easy, delicious and versatile, and you can pack it up for lunches served over romaine, or eat it as a snack with some paleo crackers or on cucumber slices. I like to add curry powder to my chicken salad, but if you aren’t a fan of curry simply omit it. You could also use left over rotisserie chicken if you have some on hand. I also like to add a garnish of toasted sliced almonds sometimes.
Let me know what you think of the recipe and submit your favorite modifications in the comments below!
Nutritional information: 6 servings, 413 calories per serving, 25g fat, 2g carbs, 1g fiber 43g protein
Low Carb Chicken Salad
- 4 skinless chicken breasts or substitute about 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 3 whole hard boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup paleo mayonaise
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoons curry powder simply omit if you dislike curry
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pinch sea salt & pepper to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake chicken for 45-60 minutes (until fully cooked but not dry). Cool, chop and set aside.
- Step 2 Chop up the hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- Step 3 Dice the green peppers, green onions, celery and parsley.
- Step 4 In a large prep bowl mix the mayonnaise, curry, salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Mix in the completely cooled chopped chicken and vegetables.
- Step 6 Add the eggs last and gently stir in to incorporate with other ingredients.
- Step 7 Refrigerate the chicken salad for at least a half hour before serving.