Although pecan pie is typically served around the holidays, these sugar and gluten-free low carb pecan pie bars can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
Nutritional Information: 16 servings, 362 calories per bar, 34g fat, 10g carbohydrates, 6g fiber, 4g protein
Ketogenic Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup unflavored protein powder
- 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/3 cup Sukrin Fiber Syrup Gold You can purchase this on Amazon
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Sukrin gold powdered
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups toasted chopped pecans
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350
- Step 2 Toast the pecans for 8-12 minutes until they are lightly browned. Let cool completely. Chop and place into a medium bowl.
- Step 3 Grease a 9×9 inch square pan and line with parchment paper
- Step 4 Crust
- Step 5 Measure all of the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Step 6 Melt the butter and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Step 7 Mix the mixture with a large spoon until the butter is incorporated.
- Step 8 Test a small amount in your hand to see if it will hold together. If not, add 1-2 more tablespoons of melted butter.
- Step 9 Press firmly into the pan
- Step 10 Filling
- Step 11 Combine the sukrin syrup, heavy cream, butter and salt together in a small pot or saucepan and whisk over medium heat until combined. Bring it to a boil.
- Step 12 Let the mixture cook for 20 minutes. Take care not to let the mixture boil over.
- Step 13 Take the caramel off of the heat and whisk in the 2 ounces of butter, powdered sweetener, stevia, Brandy and vanilla until incorporated.
- Step 14 Pour the caramel into the chopped pecans and mix together.
- Step 15 Assembly
- Step 16 Pour the mixture on top of the crust and gently spread it evenly. Tilt and rotate the pan a bit to distribute the caramel.
- Step 17 Preheat the oven to 350 and position on the bottom rack.
- Step 18 Bake for 25 minutes.
- Step 19 Remove and cool completely.
- Step 20 Run a knife around the inside of the pan.
- Step 21 Pull the pecan bars out of the pan by pulling on the parchment paper.
- Step 22 Lay flat and cut into 16 squares.
- Step 23 Refrigerate or serve. The bars firm up when chilled.