Cornbread: just the fact that it has the word “bread” in it means it is usually off limits for those following the Ketogenic diet. BUT, thanks to the world we live in, we can hack this southern favorite to make it keto friendly. Now I know this may not be the exactly the same as traditional cornbread but this recipe is the closest I have been able to come to replicating it. You could omit the bacon if you desire, but I think it adds a little extra salty crunch to the recipe.
The Amoretti sweet corn extract really makes the recipe and you can buy it on Amazon.
And if you’re looking for a DELICIOUS keto-friendly chili to serve this with I highly recommend Instant Pot Keto Chili from The Healing Spoon!
Nutritional information: 134 calories per serving, 11.5g fat, 1.36g protein, 6.35g carbohydrates, 1.3g fiber
Low Carb Bacon and Cheese Cornbread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup golden flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 large whole eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon Amoretti sweet corn extract
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices cooked and crumbled crisp bacon
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 Cook the bacon, drain, cool, crumble and set aside
- Step 3 Mix all of the wet ingredients thoroughly
- Step 4 Add the dry ingredients, including bacon and mix well
- Step 5 Pour the mixture into a square greased pan (you may also use a loaf pan or whatever you have on hand)
- Step 6 Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown
- Step 7 Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing and serving