These low carb cheese sticks are so tasty and crunchy you won’t even realize that they aren’t traditional fried cheesesticks! A great snack for any occasion. Experiment with your own seasonings and various cheese options. Excellent served with our buttermilk ranch dressing. These are also vegetarian and gluten free with only 1.5 net carbs!
Nutritional information: 127 calories per cheese stick, 8.5g of fat, 1.5g of carbohydrates, 11g of protein.
Low-Carb Fried Cheesesticks
Crunchy keto-friendly gluten-free fried cheesesticks
- 7 sticks mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Step 1 Make sure your cheese sticks are frozen solid. If they are anything but frozen, they will melt when they hit the oil.
- Step 2 Heat your oil until the temperature reaches 375F.
- Step 3 Mix the grated parmesan, almond flour, and baking powder.
- Step 4 Then add in the water and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 5 Roll your cheese stick in the mixture until it is completely coated with the mixture.
- Step 6 Carefully place the coated cheese stick in the oil using a fork or slotted metal spoon.
- Step 7 Make sure they don’t stick to the bottom. Flip every minute or so until the crust is golden brown.
- Step 8 Take the cheese stick out and place it on some paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Step 9 Let cool, serve with sugar free catsup or any other keto-friendly dipping sauce and enjoy!